This year’s been nothing close to perfect, but we’re thankful for women’s sports providing some epic and memorable moments. The WNBA played outside of its bubble setting from 2020, and the NWSL gave us a fun-as-hell postseason and chaotic expansion drafting. It was great to feel again!
Here are five of our favorite moments:
1. Kahleah Copper and Sophie Cunningham’s WNBA Finals beef 🥩
2. Trinity Rodman’s game-winning ball to Kelly O’Hara to win the NWSL Final ⚽️
I mean OH MY GOD. This pass from the 19-year-old was absurd. We’re just at the beginning of Rodman’s story and she’s already making history.
3. Diana Taurasi’s broken door stars at the Chicago Sky parade 🚪
We know Taurasi’s a competitor but we’ve never seen her at a break-the-locker-room-door level of chaos. And neither had the Sky until they beat her Mercury in four games. Then they brought the door to their freaking parade. UNREAL!
4. The teens dominating the U.S. Open 🎾
What a freaking event! And it ended with 18-year-old Emma Raducanu beating 19-year-old Leylah Fernandez. The future of tennis is bright.
5. Nelly Korda overcoming a triple-bogey ⛳️
The Pelican Women’s Championship looked to be over for Korda after botching the 17th hole, but Lexi Thompson’s last-hole collapse forced a four-way playoff. Korda beat Sei Young Kim and Lydia Ko for the victory.