Who let it be March already?!
This college basketball season has zipped by, and it’s already time for conference tournaments before selection Monday in just 13 days!! Let’s catch up on three teams with a lot to prove this week before wagering on them in the national tourney.
1. Big Ten No. 4 seed Maryland
The Terrapins’ offense was the best in the country last year, and by returning every player from the rotation and adding a top-25 recruit, things were expected to stay that way. But it’s been a relatively flat season for the Terps, which lost three of its four conference games by double-digits.
Can they get hot at the right time?
- Big Ten tournament begins: Wednesday
- Maryland plays: Friday vs. Penn State, Rutgers or Indiana
- NCAA Tourney Champion Odds: +5000 (bet $100 to win $5,000)
2. ACC No. 3 seed Notre Dame
The Irish got stomped by Louisville in a 24-point loss at home to finish the regular season. That made for two losses to the Cards in February by a combined 50 points and just four wins against top-25 teams all season.
Is it time to worry?
- ACC Tournament begins: Wednesday
- Notre Dame plays: Friday vs. Boston College or Florida State
- NCAA Tourney Champion Odds: +10000 (bet $100 to win $10,000)
3. SEC No. 3 seed Tennessee
The Volunteers’ 18-1 start to the season included five top-25 wins and a ranking as high as No. 5. But the rest of the season hasn’t been so kind. Tennessee has fallen to three unranked teams and dropped double-digit losses to South Carolina and UConn.
Can this team find its rhythm again?
- SEC Tournament begins: Wednesday
- Tennessee plays: Friday vs. Georgia, Alabama or Auburn
- NCAA Tourney Champion Odds: +3000 (bet $100 to win $2,200)