While media coverage during the final week of the NFL’s regular season is dedicated to teams vying for the playoffs, some of us like to give some love to the ‘have-nots. For many players, this is the last game before a much-needed vacation away from horrible franchises, fanbases and outright futility.
Let’s dive into some of the NFL’s worst teams and see how we can win one final bet on . In the end, no matter what happens, don’t cry because it’s over, smile because, well, it’s over.
Indianapolis Colts (-15) @ Jacksonville Jaguars
- If Indy wins, they are in the playoffs
- If the Jags lose, they get the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft (again)
- Trevor Lawrence has only thrown 2 touchdowns since Halloween
- It’s gotten so bad that fans are planning to show up dressed as clowns on Sunday
- Yes, we said fully-grown adults, undoubtedly inebriated, attending as clowns
Tip: Fifteen points is a large spread for the low-scoring Colts, but they are due for a pick-me-up after losing to the weary Raiders. Leaning Indy -15 here.
Washington No-Names (-7) @ New York Giants
- With a loss, the Giants could nab the No. 3 pick in the draft & WFT could vault to No. 7
- Giants head coach Joe Judge proclaimed in his postgame press conference that he is building a culture in New York and former players call him every week wishing they could come back and play for Big Blue… whatever you say, Joe!
- In that same press conference he also threw a few other organizations under the bus for their ‘lack of culture’, including the Football Team
Tip: Making a disparaging reference to teams fighting with each other on the sidelines the week before playing said team was a bold strategy by Judge. Let’s see if it works out for him! Locked in on WFT -7.
New York Jets (+16) @ Buffalo Bills
- If the Bills win, they secure the AFC East and a top-4 seed
- With a loss the Jets could capture the No. 3 pick in the draft
- In a surprisingly competitive game last week, NYJ pulled out all the stops and almost defeated the defending Super Bowl Champion Bucs
- Head Coach Robert Saleh proceeded to bash his offensive coordinator for some miscommunication at the end of a pivotal game-sealing drive
Tip: The Bills should win this one with ease but how long will HC Sean McDermott play his starters? Jets +16 with a backdoor cover.