Nickelodeon’s NFL broadcast is back after making its 2021 debut with slime, bright colors, live animation, and other wacky, outlandish elements to capture a younger audience – and an older one too, because who doesn’t love FUN?!
This year the honor goes to Dallas (-3) hosting San Francisco on Sunday at 4:30 ET. If this isn’t for you, don’t worry, as the broadcast of the regular game will be simulcast on CBS.
So what’s in store this year from the Nick squad?
- Former NFL star Nate Burleson and Noah Eagle will call the game with Nickelodeon’s Gabrielle Nevaeh Green in the booth, while Young Dylan makes his sideline debut
- The broadcast will feature enhanced original on-field graphics, including an AR blimp
- A special pregame and halftime show with guest appearances from our favorite Nickelodeon characters – we’re hoping for our favorite football head, Arnold, and some Rugrats running around!
- NFL terminology, game rules, and penalty calls will be broken down during the game for the younger audience
- The over is set at 51, and if history is any indication we expect points, points, points – the Niners have hit the over in seven of their past eight contests in Jerry’s World while the Cowboys have crushed the over in eight of their past 11 home games
The game’s top performer will earn the Nickelodeon Valuable Player (NVP) award, which fans can vote on at NFLNickPlay.com and with Big-D as the favorite, QB1 Dak Prescott owns the best odds at -140 (bet $140 → win $100), with San Fran’s top target George Kittle at +450 (bet $100 → win $450) and red-hot running back Deebo Samuel at +600 (bet $100 → win $600), and finally the field at +300 (bet $100 → win $300).
Prescott has had one helluva season, which is why he’s poised to win Comeback Player of the Year, leading his squad to the highest offensive output in the league (averaging 407.0 yards per game). Prescott ranks top four in both completion percentage (68.8) and touchdowns (37) among QBs. With everything on the line, Dak might just have himself a day.